Consistently ranked as a world leader in executive education, Ashridge is accredited by EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA and combines the best of a business school with an innovative organisation consultancy. We work with thousands of executives across the globe every year. Our faculty comprise business professionals, consultants and researchers, who bring in-depth industry knowledge and experience to the learning environment.
MSc in Sustainability and Responsibility
The Ashridge Masters in Sustainability and Responsibility programme is the result of the conviction at Ashridge that leaders of both the present and the future, in business and the community, will need to engage with the challenge we call sustainability, and in a way that recognises social as well as ecological justice.
This MSc is a unique, innovative and exciting two-year, part-time programme for people who seek to address more deeply the question of how they or their organisation can operate in a genuinely sustainable and responsible way.
This highly practical programme provides a range of perspectives on business and organisations, all of which challenge traditional ideas about where ‘responsibility’ begins and ends.
You will understand the realities of the challenges facing us in the coming decades and learn about the practices and management approaches to address sustainability, organisational and corporate responsibility.
It will help you to address these challenges in your own context and will encourage you to play an active part in helping organisations, individuals and communities understand more about the issues concerned.
By participating in the MSc you will:
- Explore sustainability, business and organisational responsibility from multiple perspectives
- Engage with learning-edge practitioners and organisations featuring values-based business, leadership and organisational practices
- Develop skills and apply disciplined action research and action-learning
- Develop and apply your capacities as an informed and self-aware individual consciously contributing to organisational and social change
- Inform and take part in the growing world-wide debate on the purposes and responsibilities of business
- Benefit from strong peer support, shared learning and a conducive learning environment.
This course draws on a highly participative approach to learning and requires systematic engagement and collaboration at personal and professional levels. Using an action research approach, participants are encouraged to reflect and explore ideas via practical, action-based experiments. Action research incorporates a wide range of practices and ideas with a strong pedigree in the fields of organisational change and community development.
Programme start date: 12 November 2012
Programme fee: £16,000 excluding VAT & accommodation fees
The dates are as follows:
- Wednesday 21 March 2012
- Thursday 19 April 2012
- Tuesday 22 May 2012
- Thursday 21 June 2012
- Thursday 19 July 2012
- Wednesday 19 September 2012
- Tuesday 16 October 2012
For further information or to reserve a place at an open day, please